Honda based V8 - Page 14 - K20A.org .:. The K Series Source . Honda / Acura K20a k24a Engine Forum

Old 04-02-2012, 04:10 PM   #261
Slociviccoupe
K20a.org Master User

Default Re: Honda based V8

i prety much gave up on the idea. you can boost a k or f series and get more than enough hp that is equal to a v8 in power. i got stuck on finding rods. finding 8 oem nsx rods was a tough task and didnt have any investors or interest to risk spending the amount of money needed to even get more than 2 cylinder heads, a complete s2k motor for measurements, and countless hours on cad drawing 2d and 3d models. just not feasable for me right now. maybe in 10 yrs.
Slociviccoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2013, 09:29 AM   #262
DJAxle

sorry to hear that man, seemed like a great idea though
Old 02-24-2015, 08:53 PM   #263
DrD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slociviccoupe View Post
anyone with the knoledge please chime in. This is not for a k series, but is honda based.
I am designing a honda based v8 using f20c cylinder heads and basic engine geometry.
To be able to fit 2 rods on one journal while still keeping the same 94mm bore spacing of the f20c, Im having to reduce the big end width of the connecting rods. Since the k series have had failures due to rod bearing width I will not be reducing the width too much. I plan on using the b series big end dimensions in my design. Since the b series rarely have rod bearing failures due to bearing dimensions.
Also I am having to narrow my Main bearings so that I can have enough material for the counterweights.
My question Is what effects does narrowing the main bearings and increasing the diameter have on the engine. I would think that when you reduce width you would add diameter to make up for the loss of surface area. Also would running a larger diameter bearing on the mains help in minimizing bearing speeds. a larger diameter main journal on the crank would have less speed because of the larger diameter.
I can only look at the differences between the f20c that i have and the j35 v6 that i also have. And ask questions like why did honda do that? For space requirements and compactness. Or did they reduce main bearing width and increase diameter for the added load and increased horsepower.
Some one with advanced engine theory and design please chime in. Need some answers to aid in my v8 design. So that I can finish drawing the crankshaft and move on to designing the block.
Hi; IIRC the F131 series of Ferrari engines (F355 and F360 Modano) also have a bore spacing of 94mm. You might be able to get specs, ideas or dimensions from a dealers. Also; all Ferrari V8's use a single plane crank and are available in 77mm and 79mm strokes. the older 308's and 328"s are also tipo F131's.

Dav
DrD416@yahoo.com
DrD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2015, 11:21 PM   #264
BlackBeard

BRING IT BACK,,,,l,,!!!
BlackBeard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2015, 10:42 AM   #265
kb58
K20a.org Master User

Send him $10,000 and make it happen.
Old 10-14-2015, 02:25 PM   #266
Ebush

Crazy idea, wish this would have worked out!
Ebush is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2015, 11:14 PM   #267
kr3w108
K20a.org Advanced User

This would have been a great achievement!
Old 12-20-2015, 08:25 AM   #268
snorky
K20a.org Basic User

what if you just make it opposed instead of a V using compete engine assembleys with a center section holding it all together and a 3rd crank shaft in the middle to put the power together. you would have to fab the oil pan and pickups into the center section and over come some other fluid flow/ drain issues.not to mention you could make the back of thing have any bell housing pattern someone wants..just using the ole imagination here..
snorky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2017, 01:18 PM   #269
Boostin Fredrik

Endyn is in the making of cast a reversed or mirrored k series head for a v8 block. It will make heads that has intake ports towards the middle of the block on both banks and not go through the hassle to reverse one oem head.
Boostin Fredrik is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message