Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

K24 owners - please post header & sway bar setups

90K views 138 replies 61 participants last post by  Ep3dailyhatch02 
#1 ·
Looking to see what options us k24 guys have for a header.

Please post:

Chassis:
Header:
Swaybar:
(with diameter if you know it)
Notes:

EP3
DC Race header
Stock EP3 sway (24mm I think)
I'll see if I can get some pics soon

#124 · (Edited)
I have both H&R front and rear anti-roll bars. Rear has 20mm and front 28 mm , both are adjustable (hard and soft) - I have them set both on soft.

By the way the German TUV for this kit, covers only the use of both sway bars at the same time (or only the front one :) ).
Bellow is a message from their technical department H&R Germany:
"
It is absolutely not ok to use the rear bar alone for road use. To be clear: It is forbidden!!!
Excessive oversteer may occur and you dribeve without TUV approval..
Once you have both anti-roll bars from H&R fitted you can do fine tuning to reduce understeer. (Use the outer bores front and the inner bores rear.)

"

Sent from my mobile phone

#125 · (Edited)
Update. After the first week or so, no occasional clinks at all now. It's perfect. No sounds, clinks or anything at start up, warm up, or even under hard acceleration. The bushing must have flexed enough to grant that extra little clearance

EM2 15mm sway
Skunk2 Megapower RH-HKS 65mm Exhaust
Progress adjustable 27mm rear sway

#130 ·
From my personal experience the following fit for me:

My car: 2005 RSX-S
Header: JDM DC5-R 4-2 & 2-1 Header
Additional Header: JDM DC5-R 4-2 & Spoon 2-1 Header clears as well
Sway Bar: 25mm EM2 Front Sway bar (OEM Type-S bar doesn't clear of course)
Mounts: Energy Suspension Inserts
Engine: K24a2
Exhaust: Full Type-R catback

Note: The passenger side pipe of the lower 2 pipe section of the header touches the header when the car is jacked in the air but clears just fine after the car is lowered to the ground as the middle section lifts up. No rattling or header noise ever with this setup.

PLM Race Header information (switched to this):

PLM (Club RSX) Header does NOT clear the front sway bar for me. EM2 (25mm) sway bar is horrible clearance with the PLM. OEM Type-S (05) sway bar actually clears a big better but still touches it pretty hard both in the air and on the ground. The smaller EM2 (15mm) I think clears better but I don't want to go with a 15mm front sway bar (auto-x reasons). I am deciding between searching for a better clearing sway bar (Toda perhaps) or getting the header modified to be extended since I want to do a high flow cat on it anyway as well. Modifying the header is winning at the moment.

I should also add that my PLM header is welded in all the joints so it's fully put together. I know some have said you can sorta half insert the connections together to extend it that way. I didn't want leaks so I didn't do that so mine is fully assembled tight.

#132 ·
Chassis: usdm ep3 w/k24a2
Header: invidia race header for euro ep3 (type r?) 4-2-1 with 2.5 outlet
Swaybar: stock
Notes: remove sway then install header, install sway by sliding over the header from the rear and twisting to make fit. the fit is very tight and if sway is not centered it hits. catback had to be cut in a couple places and re-welded to fit properly but nothing 75 bucks and half a hr did not take care of at a local shop.
must use 75a or harder motor mounts plus check heat shields for clearence and bend as needed.
kit does not come with head to manifold gasket, inside of header was very dirty with metal shavings and abrasive dust, also there was a defouler welded inside for the secondary 02. cost was under 600 delivered. no flex pipe on this one:new_slayer:

#134 ·
well i wanted a fully welded race header that was 4-2-1 with 2.5' outlet made of stainless in non sequential pairings made to fit my specific chassis. and all of this for the least possable price that had great reviews . sure i could have spent 1400-1700 on a custom made header or huge name brand. what would you have used instead that would run less than 600 bucks in stainless,fully welded without slip joints requiring springs or bolts or a flex pipe that always breaks. plus is able to fit the constrictive chassie/sway bar. :confused:

#135 ·
Chassis: 2002 civic dx
Engine: k24/k20 frank
Drivetrain: k20z1/3 case, ep3 1st, 2nd, rsx-s 3,4,5,6, z3 lsd
Header: PLM race header 4-2-1, just like k tuned header. Fits fine with very small clearance of the sway while frame is still not bolted up to car. Will post pics once it's bolted up to the car frame.

#136 ·
Chassis: 2003 ep3
Engine: k24a2
Header: OBX V2(Comptech rep)
Front Sway: None
Notes:
I would like to know if anyone has cleared any front sway with the OBX V2(Comptech rep) RH. After researching I haven't found anyone fitting anything, a few guys say even the 16mm em2 front sway won't clear. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

#138 ·
I know this is a bit old but I thought I'd add mine :)

Chassis: 02 Rsx
Header: oem + cat (type s)
Swaybar: 02 Type S (OEM)
Notes: Everything fits nice, however, as I shift, there is a slight knock. I have yet to check where it's coming from. I'm sure it's the cat hitting the sway bar.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.