Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

MR-S with K20A swap

35K views 23 replies 19 participants last post by  vtecstacy 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Nice I always like the idea of a mr-s with a k swap, kinda like a baby lotus.
Mid rear k-series got to be fun to drive.

#13 ·
I'm putting a k24 I'm my mr-s...I Think I'm going to have intake manifold clearance issue with the rbc manifold but it not going to be like half way mrs..that car still have a/c and it useing stock ecu to control certain sensor... I'm going to do without a/c and do straight k pro ecu

#18 ·
Actually, a widebody increases the weight of the car regardless of the material. Trd offered a widebody as an option for other markets, but when the car was discontinued in 2007 all trd support soon followed. The trd kit was never carbon and wasn't much wider than stock. The gt300 kits were fiberglass and had a few variations depending on the current use of the car for super gt. The lastest being the reckless.

http://www.livauto.net/shop/category.php?id_category=18 this guy sells the parts he developed to fit his k20 swap in the mrs.

I have finally decided to go the cheaper route and swap a k series in my spyder. Getting tired of replacing zz engines...

#20 ·
#21 ·
OP:

Very cool swap. An well built N/A K20 (or K24) would be awesome in that car. Just the right amount of power!

Keep us posted with how it goes.

Everything I have read/seen (I have a buddy that has an 01 MR-S) they are not 2000lbs. They are 2200ish, not a ton different but just figured I would note it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.