Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

What was your best Qt. Mile Times/60 fts. on *REAL* Street tires, NO DRAG RADIALS!

7K views 29 replies 16 participants last post by  sleeper6speg 
#1 · (Edited)
Well its been like 7 months since i sold my car, just been thinking about her how we ran some pretty awsome times together given my whp 220 and 156tq, on my little baby AVS ES 100s(195/50/15s). I swear though i had that car setup to run perfect on those tires(guess and check dialing it setup perfect with 2 step and tire pressure), constantly getting 2.0 60ft at MIR and one time busting a 1.8 at atco race way!!! :wow:

I dunno how i did that 60ft but becasue of a CEL with my broken TPS sensor it would hit CEL and Bog at like middle of third going into limp mode making me get a best of 12.80@102 lol This was after RBC install too, and somehow as a result i broke my TPS putting my car together. It sat on its side to long or something haha.

But even with that 60ft my best time was 12.70@111 at MIR when i had my JDM ITR manifold no RBC yet, tuned @ 220whp and 156tq.

The car's weight on both runs also were 2275lbs with a little under a quarter tank of gas. :)

With that said what was you's guys best times on *REAL* street tires? :up:

Edit: O yea i compared my Times on my Slip from MIR of the 12.7 run and 12.8 run with the CEL and i guessed that if i had not had that CEL and kept going hard til the end i would have ran a 12.4!!

See less See more
#4 ·
Haha. I just got thinking at how well i mastered my old hatch on REAL street tires(and Miss her :( ), which is such a ****in' Challange, no traction in first or second. That shift was so crazy fast and had alot to do how well the run was.

In retrospect being on slicks and Drag Rad. it was probably the hardest run trying to get any traction and cut the 60fts i did on the tires i had on. :p

Edit: I am still surprised how my old 12.70@111 flat time is still hanging up there with some of the Drag Rad. Setups!

Its too bad i never got good runs on Slicks or Drag Radials because of technical Troubles.

#5 ·
Its hit or miss with street tires I have noticed.

12.7@111 haha that is awesome. I was shocked to see a integra running 12.7@106 with a simple ls vtec setup on slicks. But dam anything is possible with a good driver and healthy setup.
:up:

#6 ·
obviously you were able to somewhat control the wheelspin... your clutch must have LOVED you. lol

I've thought about trying to run on a set of AZENIS but then i just feel like it'd be a waste of a day since i'd probably be running in the 13s, and running 13s in a mid 12 second car is never fun :dance:

12.7 @ 111 is pretty sick tho for a normal tire, especially 2.0s on them, hell, a 1.8??? i hit that on my slicks from time to time when the launch isnt just right

#11 ·
Haha, the clutch was fine. Its all about knowing how to master the car. :rolleyes:
Its hit or miss with street tires I have noticed.

12.7@111 haha that is awesome. I was shocked to see a integra running 12.7@106 with a simple ls vtec setup on slicks. But dam anything is possible with a good driver and healthy setup.
:up:
Yea man lol My car weighed 2250 with me in it sooo...
205/50/15 Nitto Neo Gens

12.81@111 spinning it's ass off through 1st and 2nd
Nice. What was your 60ft like? And hell yea, spinning through just like you.
195/50/15 kumho ecsta. 13.0 at 103 mph..1.8 60 ft. lookin for that 12 sec. pass soon.car was bone stock wit short ram intake.r-crew header.rs-r exhaust no resonator.cant wait to run it with the new rbc n new exhaust.n cold air.
Nice bro GL! :up:
So what is your launching technique on street tyres. Im gessing your cars n/a aswell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvdFW_LMIq4

this guy seems to have good traction and adequete forced power
For me, it was holding the launch at 4k and letting it spin all through first popping out the hole, yet keeping the rev's high and not hitting redline which would kill my times lol. The first to second gear change was the most important part to running my times. Bogging or hitting redline would hurt you pretty bad. :up:
Here's a video of one of my runs, http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v130/bolivianfuego/Videos/?action=view&current=MVI_3996.flv

I messed up pretty bad coming out the hole but posted this up before because it sounded awsome hitting the rev limit lol

#12 ·
1.91 60ft but it just starts spinning as soon as I get it out of the hole . I can get it to 60ft easily but keeping it moving foward with momentum sucks lol

#16 ·
My road race car went 12.4@110 on 195 50 15 Toyo Proxes 4 (we were bored and at the strip with my drag car)

We also tried the Toyo's on my drag car(like i said, bored) just to see what would happen... 12.5@125 was our best, but it also ran a 13.2@137 lol

Race weight is 2150 with me piloting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.