Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

vacuum hose 2 brake booster from intake manifold (RBC)

15K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  R-Civic 
#1 ·
I bought a shaved RBC , now the problem is that i dont have the original hole anymore where the vaccum hose that runs to the brake booster. ofcourse need to have this with my spoon calipers or any kinda calipers else it wont brake.

i was thinkin to use the little 'thingy' (connection) on the left side on the intake manifold that leads to the engine (ventilation?)

it is not as big like the original brake booster hose connection on the intake manifold (that i dont have because it's shaved )

should I do it like this or..; what u guys think,

I want to split it , 1 to my engine and 1 to my brake booster.

do i need that hose from the intake manifold to the engine (ventilation) ??

example, the cross is what i dont have,

the circles are how i want to run it!

See less See more
#4 ·
that other barb you've circled is supposed to go to the port on the front of the water pump housing. you could use that one, but you'd have to run a small catch can from the water pump housing then. where is the hose going that's up by the injectors?

#12 ·

right where my an fitting is. if your not taking the manifold off the engine to drill and tap it then use plenty of grease on the drill bit to catch all the shavings.

#13 ·
Or drill and tap the hole under good vacuum..(ja een stofzuiger ofzo)

But really the best way is to just take the manifold off...if you dont want to take any risk off any depri falling in the engine. a messed up engine is worse then a redoing some honda bond.

Now hurry-up, still waiting on some belgium action. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.