Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

K20A3 with A2 internals for boost

6K views 14 replies 4 participants last post by  9JDMCRX0 
#1 ·
I'm new to building k-series motors and i'm trying to get input on what interchanges with what. Here is what i'm trying to do. also any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I have the K20A3 swap.
Scrapped the head! using the tranny and the bare block
I'm planning on sleeving the block(golden Eagle) and using a good set of rods and a 9:1 piston(for turbo setup).
I'm wantingto know if the A2 crank,oil pump and pan is a direct fitment to the A3 block? I'm sure people are just wondering why i didn't go the A2 route but i got a good deal on the swap so i took it. I hear that the A3 block doesn't have the oil squirters for the pistons so this shouldn't hurt since i dont really need them with a forged piston. I'm just trying to find out what will be the better route to go before i spend the cash in getting the A3 block sleeved then not being able to put it to good use.

#4 ·
This is good news for the urban green crx! Does anyone know about how much i will end up spending for golden eagle to sleeve the block? i know i have to send the pistons with the bare block so that the can get everything honed to the exact. I'm just trying to figure out what justthe high boost A3 setup is going to cost

#11 ·
as long as i get everything from the a2 i should be able to convert it though right? i'vee just heard so much different stuff about a3 parts that i want to change everything over to A2. almost need an A2 parts block. also need the upper half too though.

#13 ·
I was under the impression that the k24 pan was shallower than the k20 pan. If you don't plan on constantly revving above 8500, then I would advise against the s2k pump. You also run into problems with getting a baffled pan if you want to do roadcourse events.

#15 ·
With a good tune and a good rotating assembly what boost levels will it be safe to take a stock (unsleeved) block to? Just trying to figure out where i want to spend the money for now. I dont mind building a sleeved block later on down the road but the prices are so high.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.