Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

k20a base?? vs k20a type r ??

25K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  K20_MINI 
#1 ·
came across a stamped k20a(not an a3 z3 z1 ect) with a plastic mani,guy said it he picked it up in japan when he was over there,does anyone car to explain... im looking for specs aswell if anyone can help out,thanks

#2 ·
came across a stamped k20a with a plastic mani,guy said it he picked it up in japan when he was over there,does anyone car to explain... im looking for specs aswell if anyone can help out,thanks
you're going to have an "a" after "k20" on some of the motors. for some reason, even people with k20a2's or k20a3's call it a k20a motor. k20a is JDM. like other series motors that are JDM, there is no number after the first 3 digits. so the k20a is the type-r. if its a 2.0L with a black intake manifold, its probably the k20a3 from the base model RSX. but, coming from Japan (if he really picked it up there) then i dont know what it might be. you should check the stamp on the block to confirm what it is

#3 ·
what i am saying is it came from japan with a plastic mani.and i said its stamped k20a on the block.what my question is in what car did this come in and what are the specs as far as compr/hp/tq/vtec ect..

on wiki it shows that there is one k20 with 180hp with low comp but doesnt say what car or ther type of info

#4 ·
I believe the euro FN2 CTR has a plastic intake mani....and it would also be labeled K20A

#7 ·
i should of but i forgot next time i go illget one

I had the same motor. Its a JDM k20a out of a Integra Type S. The motor doesnt have true vtec like the k20a3, but does produce more power than the k20a3. There are two different engines of the integra type s the one made in 2002-2004 makes 182hp and 145lb Ft. If you have the 2005-2006 engine it makes 210hp and 141lb ft. If you wanna keep it just lock the rockers with some a2 cams and it will make decent power.
oooo this is what i was looking for,thanks

#6 ·
I had the same motor. Its a JDM k20a out of a Integra Type S. The motor doesnt have true vtec like the k20a3, but does produce more power than the k20a3. There are two different engines of the integra type s the one made in 2002-2004 makes 182hp and 145lb Ft. If you have the 2005-2006 engine it makes 210hp and 141lb ft. If you wanna keep it just lock the rockers with some a2 cams and it will make decent power.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.