Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

Crx k24 k20 Head AFI Turbo Build

37K views 83 replies 15 participants last post by  TC 
#1 ·
WELL GUYS THIS MY FIRST BUILD THREAD AND FIRST K SERIES BUILD SO I AM TRY MY BEST BUT HOPE ALL GOES WELL I START OFF BY SAYING I BOUGHT A K24A1 SWAP OFF CLIST FOR 2500 CAME WITH HONDATA K-PRO,SKUNK2 PRO SERIES MANIFOLD,SKUNK2 FUEL RAIL,650 RC INJECTORS,ACT CLUTCH AND FLY WHEEL JUST UPGRADED THE DISC TO 6 PUCK UN SPRUNG, WITH FULL HARNESS BUT SOLD MANIFOLD SETUP GOT AFI INTAKE MANIFOLD COMING IN WITH 80MM WILSON TB THANKS TO GUYS OVER AT AFI AND THANKS TO AARON
k24a1

skunk 70mm tb
skunk2 manifold

waiting on this bad boi should me here 3-25-2012

THE CAR-90 CIVIC CRX HF
STRADA IND EF8 FRONT END JDM VIS HOOD
BUDDY CLUB N+ SUSPENSION
BOGARTS FLYING STARS RIMS
10 POINT ROLL CAGE

my keziers spare rims

when it was b series b18c1 2.1 237hp on E85

BWR R CREW REP RACE HEADER

K MOUNTS NOTE ONLY WORKS WITH K20 I HAD PUT SPACERS TO MAKE MY MOTOR SET EVEN

went crazy dont ask lol

fuel setup 1 gallon celll msd high flow fuel pump
my lil girl try to line em up lol
SORRY FOR ALL THE PIX'S I AM LIKE A KID I LOVE PICTURES LOL BUT KEEP POSTED I HAVE K20A2 HEAD SKUNK2 STAGE 1 CAMS HAVE PICS OF INSTALL OF HEAD ON K24 ALSO GONNA HAVE WRITE UP ON WIRING AND MORE PICS OF THE CAR AS I GET IT DONE K24 REX

See less See more
#2 ·
Re: Crx k24 k20 head afi all motor bottle build

where do u get your front fenders, man?

never apologies for load up pixx dude... i prefer that any day than the slabs of text i constantly see in other worklogs.
pics - FTW!!!!

#4 ·

where do u get your front fenders, man?

never apologies for load up pixx dude... i prefer that any day than the slabs of text i constantly see in other worklogs.
pics - FTW!!!!
a buddy mine sells them mite heard of them strada ind here his facebook link http://www.facebook.com/strada.ind they go for 650 ,thanks

#5 ·

Nice crx bro... What was the 1/4th time with the bseries... N weight also
thanks,i never really got take it to the track only the streets.weight wise i dont know really but i am cut it up more but pretty sure its like 1800 easy

#6 ·

more updates:

had to cut so dam much to fit these r crew tri y header note that the rear mounts didnt bolt up i have the top one with the bolt thru but the one on the bottom didnt fit i guess since i am k24 but plz lmk what you think

how looks with motor in

cut the left and right conners and middle bottom piece so it looks more cleaner in my point of view [IMG

the strada inc front bumper with jdm ef8/9 headlights i had sand a bit down but they fit like a glove.

fuel cell mock up gettin it ready to get sent to my dad friend who does only custom lowrider frames he gonna weld up sub frame and pass mount for the k and make battery tray and fuel cell bars for the front
how you tow a car yup with a rope lol

car super dirty but soon it be sexy

#7 ·

update got the car sent out to get the back and subframe,passanger mount .fuel cell cage ,bolt up aswell and weld up,battery tray,downside i bent my traction bar by using my dam jack FML

#8 ·

update/i got the k20a2 head seems to suck cause i made the mistake not tie the rockers up so i am screw when i put them together ,but i also got my skunk2 stage 1 cams car should be ready monday or tuesday with fuel cell and battery tray setup

#10 ·

the ef/crx k swap is very limited with options... from what i can see. i hope fitment issues arent the same with an eg chassis.
kevin i swear crx are crazy to drop in have to cut and weld up things but its worth it i say super light i say eg are ok lol

#11 ·

update.got time finally to setup how the rocker pins go.got the rockers tap up and did a leak down test on the k20 head next step to get it on the motor will post more pix when doing that but for now i got the pins directions

#13 ·

update.got time finally to setup how the rocker pins go.got the rockers tap up and did a leak down test on the k20 head next step to get it on the motor will post more pix when doing that but for now i got the pins directions
follow up next time you do headgasket make sure you put rubber bands or zip ties to hold rockers otherwise it be a nightmare

#12 ·

update sold the motor and tranny buying a k24a2 from local wreck yard for 1200 and selling a k20a2 head no cams for 500 550 shiped but soon i be k24a2 :)

#15 ·

thanks mike ,got it,i mite need some lil things like fuel reg lmk

#16 ·

Many say i am as bad as a girl when it comes to doing things so i ditch the all motor header and nitrous kit ,so going turbo now pick up a
Turbonetics Hurricane 7268

next be a hks 50mm wastegate then my afi sidewinder manifold

#17 ·

well got more updates
got my k tuned ac/ps delete kit

mac boost solenoid,-10 valve cover fittings,k tuned shifter plate

HKS DADDY SIZE 50MM WASTEGATE

Turbonetics T 17291

more updates afi sidewinder next

#20 ·

more updates:dabating on a sidewinder or ram horn afi manifold cant make up my mind,besides that did lil shopping bought my return line fitting for the turbo and feed line,my fuel filter and fittings for the fuel setup,and the sandwhich plate to run turbo and oil press ,tower car custom oil feed line updates on that project be next ,oh the plate frame is thank you from local shop for spending 1k i swear i need a gold one since i spent like 4k already with them lol

#23 ·

thanks to the guys at withfield racing i am getting a top mount for the crx sending money on monday so should have pix of it mounted as soon it gets here

#24 · (Edited)

finally got time to work on the motor swap the k24a1 oil pump which is huge and heavy as shit,2nd install the k20a2 oil pump,use k24a1 oil chain,guide,tensioner, now i get to put my pan on seal up the motor to drop it in sweeet

#25 ·

more updates got my crx bak with the fuel cell setup,battery tray,sub frame weld up and cut in case i wanna go all motor still thinking about it,got the k20a2 oil pump fitted in the car with the k20 baffle and k20 oil pan next week i have the motor in the car maybe turbo manifold put on

#27 ·

hi mate likeing ur build, are you going to sell the all motor manifold exhaust also intake? im interested
i wish i would part from my intake manifold but its a keeper but my turbo manifold maybe shoot me a pm

#28 ·

havent had time to do a real update but i did buy my self a mic to measure things and so far i found out how huge my turbo was its was kinda a good and bad thing,

on the hot side i did it in inch so this what it really is 2.964 in = 75mm

#31 ·

real update this time got my head back from machine shop so got down,got head on block all pulleys,belts,watenecks just waiting on my manifold and turbo manifold and dabating on doing air to water or innercooler tuff choice

my one and only lil helper
she grabs everything i swear lol
when i got this chain on i lite up in joy:silly:

#32 ·

valve cover holes drilled getting ready for catch can setup

#33 ·

update:motor in car test fit turbo cut my hood
the hardest thing i ever did cut a real vis sir hood FML

turbo test fit

posted in the sun

my but naked rear end

#35 ·

some times you got to do what a KRX brother's got to do (regarding the cutting of the bonnet)

looks the goods.
:cool:
haha i just say because race car lol:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.