Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

how to k swap honda fit

67K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  jonnyfrancais 
#1 ·
ive seen alot of same questions being asked so i thought id start a thread that could be more informative about what needs to be done.

this is an article that will answer most all your questions, anyone looking at doing a k swap fit should read this first
http://www.modified.com/tech/0709_sccp_k20_powered_2007_honda_fit/viewall.html

there are two sticky at the top of the fit forum section.

i will periodically update this as new info is avilable, anyone that would like to add any tips about there experience doing the swap and things that arent metioned iam sure will help others.

lets keep this free of bumps, non-related material so members dont have to go there 20 pages to find answers.

#2 ·
I just had a long conversation with JCrimson, who is currently building a Fit, about mounts. Going by Hasports install guide you will use some of the OEM mounts components. We have the OEM replacements mounts to compensate for the OEM weak mounts. So you can get these along with the Hasport mount kit.

We offer the OEM replacement mounts, Race harness, cables, shifter box, fuel rail (w disconnect), and misc fuel components for that car. I am looking forward to more K-swapped Fit's.

-Tim

#3 ·
this is very true, when i first did my swap i used the factory mounts and the motor would rock back and forth way to much, my exhaust piping would hit the steering rack and under the car from all the extra movement, i now have 85a mounts which do make for some in cabin vibration but not much, i would atleast recommend no less than 65a, thanks tim:up:

#4 ·
Thx this is going to be a great thread !
There are few fit (GD) with kswap already in north america in a USDM fit
So there are lots of info that have already been discovered
Feel free to askaway with ur questions !!

I personally have a Auto USDM fit(GD) that I converted with MT k20a with turbo!
I can tell u auto to MT swap in a fit is very difficult..... The entire frame is different so most of the parts made for kswap will not work as they are design only for MT chassis

here was my build thread on fitfreak, which has detailed pics covering alll aspect of the build
http://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-photos-videos/59739-9up-gd3-heart-transplant-build-thread.html

#6 ·
i would contact felix, i have mine done the dbw way so its totally different then yours, he ran into the same problem and had to use either the stock ecu or pcm for that to work, or shoot brian at hasport a email and he would be able to give you some insight on this

#10 ·
Im in the same boat as Felix as I had a shop do my swap as well. I dont know this set up as well as you do, but I did go take some pics, at least the best I could. Its just a single harness that comes off the unit then goes up the firewall. I fallowed it the best I could but I lose it behind the brake booster and driver side shock tower. Hope these pics help you a little bit.

^the big harness goes up behind the driver side tower, the smaller offshoot goes to the battery and fuse box

#11 ·
hey thanks man! Im on the same page with you too. I have it all plugged up oem but somewhere someone mentioned you have to jump the signal from the L15A ecu to power it on and control it...

are you using 1 ecu or 2? I am just using kPRo.. if you are just using 1 ecu, then there is a way they did it for you and thats what i really what to know. Mine is all plugged up but something is not telling it to turn on like it should.

#14 ·
I am currently piecing together my swap and was hoping to have some questions answered ive been in contact with hasport but I need to know if the stock fit clutch lines will bolt to the k20z3 motor/tranny and where to get parts that hasport dosent supply I know hybrid racing has some parts but im not sure what I need and info helps

#15 ·
Hows your swap going? Are you documenting it? I have a GK5 fit that I plan to do swap as well. But interestingly enough, there's word the K20C1 fits in the GK5 chassis. There's some social media buzz on K20C1 already test fitted in the EG and CR-Z chassis. Anywho, good luck on the build!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.