Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

//FourPlusOne - Reggie's JDM K20A Powered 1998 Integra Type R Complete REDO!

83K views 265 replies 81 participants last post by  Camtron 
#1 · (Edited)
UPDATES - Nov 26, 2012!

Story:

I was always a DC2 lover as far back as when I first got into cars when I was 14 years old. When I started talking to my friends about getting a first car I started to do more research and I wanted a Type R so badly... but that didnt happen.

Back in 2009 I picked up a 1998 DC4 (Integra GS Model)...and then that was a my first serious project... but also with a budget... soo a lot of short cuts were taken and also the choice of parts were usually what was "affordable"

Heres was I started with:

Nine months later right before I sold the car:

I kinda fell out of love of this car when I got picky and didn't like the fact that the engine bay wasn't color matched... nor was the interior.. and I don't know it just wasn't doing it for me anymore.. so I sold the the car in Nov 2010 and kept nothing...

Even though it was winter up here in Canada, I started regretting selling the car.... but I saw this as a opportunity to find myself a Type R this time around!

So I looked at a few of my friends old R's none of them were like to die for per say... if it was one problem it was something else with them.

Anyways long story short I started talking to a friend of mine Dal, and well he was willing to sell me his 1998 ITR with a JDM K20A swap. This R was one of the first ITR's in Canada to have a K20 swapped into it.

Here's some pics:

HOW IT ALL STARTS!

Anyways like I was saying he parted the car out before I bought it, all I really got in the sale was the shell, stock ITR brakes, stock ITR wheels, no seats, no audio, no hood, no fenders.... pretty much a shell with a motor in it.

Recently I begin thinking about doing a build done right the first time around where in this case I would have to redo most things differently so here's how things are progressing!

I didn't really get photos of the car when I picked it up but we will start where I already have bought some of the original parts that were on the car before as you will notice...

WILL HAVE A UP TO DATE MOD LIST SOON...

June --> Sept 2011

Pretty self explanatory of what parts I ordered/found!

Friend destroys my lip on a track day...

Got my buddy to drive my car so I can take some photos

Got really tired of the OEM 15's so found a nice set of minty CE28's!
16x8 +35 all round

Not to long after my dream wheels poped up on this site and a good friend of mine, ATS*ANH was selling his pretty much brand new Volk TE37's so I had to get them =P 17x8 +38 all round

Weeks before winter another friend of mine locally found a rare set of TE37's
16x8.5 +25 (CONCAVE FACE), they were a bit rough in shape but nothing that a refinishing can fix!

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7011/6486003127_0c239a1441_b.jpg]/img]
[img]http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6091/6343738372_7908db5080_b.jpg

Last pictures of the car in one piece before the winter tear down began!
This is my second Mugen Gen 1 wing I got this season since I sold the older a while back. Also got my hatch wrapped in 3M Di-Noc while I want for my CF Hatch to get ordered up so I can install my brand new FAL lexan window I have sitting in my room...

Also changed the T1R Muffler to a Spoon N1!

WINTER TEAR DOWN!

Plans:
Shaved Engine Bay - In Process
ABS Delete - Check
Wire Tucking
JDM Air Bag Delete - Check
Brand New Factory Dash, Interior, Main Harnesses
Rywire Mil-Spec K-Series Harness
Rywire Conversion Harness
Rywire Brake Line Relocation Kit
Rywire Fuel Line Kit
Rywire Grounding Kit
Rywire Coolant Overflow Tank
K-Tuned Powersteering/Air Conditioning Delete
K-Tuned AN Coolant Line Fittings
Griffen Full Sized K Swap Radiator
Hybrid Racing Shifter
Circuit Hero Coil Cover- Check
Circuit Hero K Series Intake - Check
Circuit Hero Shifter Extender - Check
ASC/Circuit Hero Front and Rear Strut Bars
ASC/Circuit hero Roll Bar
OEM RBC Manifold
Skunk 2 Pro Series 74mm Throttle Body - Check
Hasport Ver 2 Engine Mounts - Check
Spoon Wiper Blades
Spoon Twin Block Calipers - Check
Spoon Rotors - Check
Hawk HP+ - Check
Backyard Special Front Bumper - Check
Miracle Ver 2 X Bar - Check
Red Recaro Pole Positions
Voltex Type 1 GT Wing
VIS CF Hatch
FAL lexan Window - Check
OEM JDM ITR Fenders - Check
Vision/Spoon Mirrors
AiM's Digital Cluster

Thats really want I can think of that I have planned so far..

More updates too come :bang:

Put some hours into grinding down the spot welds today... soo much work =.='

New Parts Came in the mail today!

Circuit Hero Shifter Extender
Circuit Hero Coil Cover for K-Series
Circuit Hero Rear Tie Bar
Circuit Hero K-Series Intake
Skunk2 74mm Throttle Body
Backyard Special Front Bumper
Miracle X Bar Ver 2.

Just so you guys stay interested I have some updates, both on the progress on the grinding down of welds in the bay..

but also comparision photos of upgrading from Hasport Ver. 1 Engine Mounts to Hasport Ver 2.

pics:

Engine Mounts - New are black, Old is the J's Teal

Passenger Side Mount:

Driver Side Mount:

Rear Mount:
Version 1

Version 2

Enjoi!

See less See more
#129 ·
those colors on the vc and intake pipe looks sick with the white! love it Reggie :)

#136 ·
March 27, 2012 UPDATE

Got Trillion Industries to Port my RBC manifold and K-Tuned Adapter.

OEM RBC Bore is 62mm, and I had a 74mm Skunk2 TB and the K-Tuned RBC/RRC TB adapter was a 70mm bore...

So I had Derek@Trillion Bored my RBC to 70mm since thats the biggest that you should be going before you get to close to the IACV port. Then he taper bored the K-Tuned Plate from 70mm to 74mm to port match the Skunk2 TB!

as of right now motor and everything has been taking out again as I decided that the subframe was gross... and i sent that to powder coating as well! along with some other things.

And now you guys after scrolling through everything are caught up with how things stand as of March 27th, 2012

With that said here are some quick shots of the Circuit Hero / ASC metal shop Custom 3-Point Strut Bar for DC2, these are veryyyy limited and I am the first in Canada to have one of these done for me! Thanks Gil!

It is currently raw in these photos so you can see all the welds and such, but it is currently at Calgary Powder Coatings also with the other parts I am getting coated

#152 ·
teaser for whats happened lately...

So I have been not thinking about the car much lately. and havent done anything to it for about 3 weeks, but I finally got some parts back from powder coating!

The valve cover was already on the motor so I left it out of this photo.

everything is Project Mu Teal :p

Circuit Hero Custom 3 Point Tower Bar
Circuit Hero Intake Pipe
Hasport Mounting Brackets
DC2 Subframe
Hood Hinges

I will post a big update soon with more detail shots! :up:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.