Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

7th Gen accord - k24a2 swap 2005 accord cm7 cm5

23K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  yaggs 
#1 ·
Has anyone done a swap in a 2005 accord? wondering specifically about trying to run K-pro... if its even possible

#5 ·
I know I'm late to the party on this one, but I never really roam around this part of the forum. Anyway, it's possible to do. I swapped a K24A2 in my 03 Accord. You will need a harness to run dual ECU's. Cham was making harnesses for a while, but I haven't heard from him lately after he left the country. K Tuned is making dual ECU harnesses now, so you can always go with one of those instead if you don't want to make one of your own. If you guys have any questions, I'd be glad to help. PM me with any questions you may have.

#7 ·
Hey Tim, how's it going? Is your Beast still up and running? I checked one of your vids a while ago, very nice sounding. I will be working on mine some more depending on the cash flow and the Mrs'. Did you ever get some Comfort sports yet? I might part mine out soon. I'll let you know.

#8 ·
Hey man. My car is currently off the road because I broke off 3 teeth from 6th gear on the countershaft, then ended up cracking up the clutch housing of the tranny when putting it back together. At the moment, I just decided to keep the motor out so I can clean up my engine bay and work on a new engine harness to integrate all my aftermarket stuff while giving it a mild tuck. I replaced my suspension last year, so I should be good for a while.

#10 ·
Actually, I'm just waiting on the tranny to come back from powder coating. Then I'm going to do a few more upgrades and get the motor back in. I'm hoping in the next month or so depending on how much spare cash and free time I have. Work is about to get crazy busy for me and I probably won't have any free time until February.

#11 ·
helo guys i bought a 2005 honda accord with k24A4 engine i did a swap to k24A engine on it(acura tsx typeS)the car is not runnig at all.could it be an ecu issue due to defference in performance and vtec engagment rpm any help please iam new to honda and k seires.

#14 ·
@Juan valcarcel Welcome to the forum!

That post is from 2011 so you're unlikely to get a response. There's alot of info specific to your chasis in the section Honda Fit / Prelude / Accord K-series Swap

Use keywords to search for your answer. Came across this for example:
The TSX is drive by wire throttle, 03-05 Accord is cable. Accord TB bolts up to the TSX (RBB) manifold but neither stock ECU will run that combo. Kpro/Ktuner ECU would be needed which means an RSX engine harness. Other option is complete TSX "guts" swap. ECU, harness, full drive by wire setup. Dunno if that's a more feasible solution due to unforseen CAN-BUS and electronics above my shade tree pay grade.

Mak

Edit: Accord has EGR, TSX does not. VTEC differences. The physical block/head/trans/axles should bolt up similar (guess).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.