Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

First Gen civic k swap!

1M views 1K replies 304 participants last post by  Blessing garage 
#1 ·
I wanted to start my build thread for my new project so here I go. The car is a 79 1200 civic with only 70k miles. I am using the motor (k20) out of my race car for this build. I have two weeks to strip it down and get it to the chassis shop. We will have it at the chassis shop for 4-6 weeks but I have things to work on the keep the thread going during that time.Here are some pics and I will update as I go.Thanks for looking.

See less See more
#6 ·
lucky lucky me found this car with the 2nd owner,he got it from a estate sale from the 1st owner in 2007.After 6-8 months of title work the guy was using it for a DD. The car does not have A/c so the guy wanted to fix up his 90's saturn because he had to have A/C. Someone told the guy he could get $2,500 for the car so thats what he did:D

#8 ·
Seen it in person... Amazingly clean.... I cant wait to see this finished.....

#9 ·
Took the car for its last ride before the build.Hope I am doing the right thing with this car.Anyway I am still in need of 02 and up front spindles ,bought two sets on here and have yet to see them:down:I am running out of time. Here is what we did today. Thanks for looking.

#14 ·
Thanks!!

Project suicide begins now... lol
"Brought to you by Close Casket Racing"

Damn friend of mine has a car like this at the shop.the car is light ass hell. 4 skinny guys lifted the car off the ground with the motor in the car. i love the fact that even though it is so old, the doors close like it was off the showroom. really great craftmanship back then. unlike the cars nowadays, the doors sag so easily. can't wait to see this old school car get some new school tricks.
Yeah I'am like two skinny guys and I can get it off the ground.The doors do shut nice thats for sure.Thanks for stop'n in.

sickness!!!!!!!!!!!

Something to inspire you

Thanks. I hope these guys get that car done but with out the front end I dont see it going down. That is the only one I can find someone gave a Try on. Superfastminis.com is what inspired me ,I thought if it will fit in a old mini I can get it in this car.

#11 ·
Project suicide begins now... lol

#12 ·
Damn friend of mine has a car like this at the shop.the car is light ass hell. 4 skinny guys lifted the car off the ground with the motor in the car. i love the fact that even though it is so old, the doors close like it was off the showroom. really great craftmanship back then. unlike the cars nowadays, the doors sag so easily. can't wait to see this old school car get some new school tricks.

#18 ·
We got a little done today , the rest of the front end off and the gas tank out. The inside is comming along seats are out and should have the dash out soon. Found some $ from 78 under the carpet ,everything helps.As soon as I know what fuel pump I am going to use I will start on the gas tank.

#20 ·
where's the blue antique tag.
From the outside it looks like a full auto restoration. there are eg's and ek's not even that clean.
Whats up with the brake booster on the right hand side of the car with the steering column on the left? Is it a crosbar under the dash like what old accords did because of space limitations in the engine bay?
anyways best of luck

#32 ·
Thanks!

This is GREAT! Can you share the full plan or vision at this time?
There is so many things that are going on with this build I would not know were to start.I just want a car I can drive on the street with a little power. The big things that are being used is EP3 front coilovers and spindles,full brake +clutch system. We are also going to use a painless wire kit for the chassis harness.The axles are custom from Gatoraxles.com. Thats about it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.