: S2000 Cluster in Civic EK.

wanted ek9
12-24-2009, 12:04 AM
Hye all.. first of all i would like to wish Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of u guys. Sorry for taking a few minutes of your time.

Here's the problem. I'm actually doing my research on how to swap an S2000 cluster into my Civic EK. Yes, I know there's a lot of information about this swap on the internet and i might be the 1001th people to ask about this swap.

I've gone through so many post until i get myself confused. Some people say A while the other say B. So, to make it easy for all of us, could anyone of u who has done this swap with your own hands bring up the way of how to do it right. Let's say if u guys follow the exact instructions given from any of the website in the internet, do post the link here. If there's any faulty on the information, please do a correction before u post it here.

Thanks for all of the guys involved in this thread. I believe that it would be much easier and faster this way even for anyone who doesn't know much about wires.

Thanks u.

Slociviccoupe
12-24-2009, 12:01 PM
ap1 00-03 or ap2 04-06 or the newer clusters with stability control.

an ap1 has 3 connectors on the back while an ap2 has 2.
pins and wire colors don't always match up. there are some power wires that have to be connected together as well as grounds as an ek doesn't have the same amount of wires that the s2k does. there are also a lot of pins that will not be used as the s2k cluster has electric power steering, and a few more things.

start off by saying what year ek you have 96-98 or 99-00, what cluster you want to put in, and if its a k swap or not.

wanted ek9
12-24-2009, 12:44 PM
Let's start with my 96-98 Civic EK. Actually, I'm looking forward to have a very nice thread about this swap. Let's not mess it up with so many write-ups on how to do the swap right.

I've gone through a few write-ups, print it out and made a comparison. I started to get confused when it's not exactly the same. I mean, both of the title stated it was for the same model, but there is a difference. If I'm not mistaken, the color of the wires might not always be the same, but the connector pinouts are usually similar. I'm not trying to say that any of the write-ups are wrong. I don't even know the real way to do it. And if I'm wrong, please correct me.

So let's clear things up in this thread. I'm calling anyone who has done this swap by himself to share or post a true,clear and easy-to-follow write-ups/instructions. If any of u succeed by following any of the write-up that was already on the internet, post the link here. I think it's better to just have one write-up for each model to avoid from getting confuse. If any of u guys notice a fault, do let us know. This is what a forum does isn't it?

I really hope this thread will help many people. If u can do it, help us who didn't know but really wants to do the same thing. I'm sorry if there's a mistake in my English. By the way, Merry Christmas. Have a very good week. Remember, don't drink and drive. :)

Slociviccoupe
12-24-2009, 06:01 PM
ive done it on an eg, and an ek.
i need to know what cluster you plan on swapping and what motor you have. if its a k then your speedo will work and need no speed healer.

845trev
12-24-2009, 06:55 PM
i needed 2 kno the same thing i have a 97 civic ex with a b series motor and a 2000 s2000 cluster

wanted ek9
12-24-2009, 10:10 PM
Sorry guys.. Wow, many good people around here that are willing to help. I don't see why I can't do the swap. I plan to do a AP1 S2000 cluster into a 96-00 Civic EK with B-Series motor in it.. Hope any of u can post a write-up. Thanks guys..

Slociviccoupe
12-24-2009, 10:15 PM
ill dig around in my papers for the pinouts and the conversion. you will need a speed healer or a converter box for the speed sensor and engine temp to work.
everything else is just cut and dry matching functions.

wanted ek9
12-24-2009, 10:26 PM
Yeah.. from all the write-ups that already on the internet says i will need a speedohealer v4 and ect converter to make the speedo and temp gauge works. I just need to have a complete and easy-to-follow write-up on the pinouts. If u have it, please post it here. Thanks mate..

chrish5142
12-24-2009, 10:53 PM
how abt for a 99-00 ek..with a k20 and a ap1 cluster :)

battle951sedan
12-25-2009, 06:03 AM
how abt for a 99-00 ek..with a k20 and a ap1 cluster :)

im in d same boat. and i have a z1. all i know is that my motor has the same vss signal as the s2ks. other than that im totally clueless :confused:

Slociviccoupe
12-25-2009, 06:45 AM
its because a s2k has a high frequency vss. as does the z1 and newer k series.
the cluster will read the signal. all other vss are low frequency. about half the number of pulses as a high frequency one.

StReTcH203
12-25-2009, 09:28 PM
im in d same boat. and i have a z1. all i know is that my motor has the same vss signal as the s2ks. other than that im totally clueless :confused:

from personal experience your all set all u need is (modifry)ect sensor and disable vss on your kpro..z1 has same freq. as s2k :up:

davidk20ek4
12-25-2009, 09:38 PM
i have a 96 ek hatch with a k20 type s ....and i am wanting to put the s2k cluster in but am not sure what i will need or what cluster (year) will be the best one....please chime in...:up:....thanks for the help k20a.org

wanted ek9
12-25-2009, 11:24 PM
anyone with the write-ups of the swap? which we can follow the pinouts one by one?

Slociviccoupe
12-26-2009, 02:35 PM
workin on it. don't want to give wrong info and someone fry their cluster.

wanted ek9
12-26-2009, 03:30 PM
Thanks.. no rush..

eg6k20a2
12-28-2009, 12:10 PM
What about a 91 crx hf with and 04 type s motor? What cluster would be simpler to use and would i have to get that vss converter? Oh and im using the hybrid conversion harness and it has a purple wire labeled vss. and a 12v on the harness. thanx

eg6k20a2
01-02-2010, 12:19 PM
anyone know about this?

davidk20ek4
01-12-2010, 05:28 PM
anybody got any word on this?

98luder
02-05-2010, 08:43 AM
hey guys yea i just did this swap, i don't contribute much but i thought i'd try this time :)

97 civic, ap2 cluster, dseries engine (soon to be bseries)
let me know if you have any questions

i did use the other guys eg s2000 cluster thread that was in stickied to cross reference the info i did have.

needed a speedo healer
needed the modifry ect signal convertor
and i needed a 25ohm resistor for the fuel gauge signal. The gauge still doesn't read right, at half tank reads good, low reads good. but at full tank it only reads 3/4 on the ap2 cluster. Not sure how to fix this?

oh if you have any questions feel free to pm me or we can discuss it in this thread to maybe help others as well :)

the hard part, now i gotta jimmy rig it to get it mounted up
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2795/4315004336_32ac93a43b_o.jpg

wanted ek9
02-25-2010, 12:15 PM
I need some info/help here.. if i'm not mistaken, there's a wire from the ECT module that i need to connect to the ECU. What if i'm using a Hondata K-Pro?
Hope u guys could answer my question. Thanks..

wanted ek9
02-26-2010, 09:42 PM
I am planning to use AP1 cluster in my JDM K20A Civic EK. I already have the S2000 AP1 cluster with me right now. I'm about to get a Speedohealer V4 and ECT module. But when I go to the Modifry website to order it, there's 2 options for me to select. First, AP1(2000-2003) AEM EMS, and the other one was for AP1(2000-2003) Stock ECU.

Let's say if I'm using the stock PRC ECU, which one should I get? And what if I'm using a Hondata? Or is it just the same?
The speedohealer V4 are usually used on a bike. In order for me to use it in my car, which model should i get?
And another question, from the write ups, it shows that there's a wire from the ECT module that has to be connect to the ECU, what if I'm using a stock PRC ECU or even Hondata?

I really need to know. Hope u guys can help me.. Thanks guys..

wanted ek9
03-01-2010, 02:09 AM
anyone?? please.... i need some info here.. help me..

wanted ek9
03-01-2010, 01:41 PM
No one?

drummerdude
03-04-2010, 01:27 PM
my guess would be if you are not using aem ems, don't order that one. hondata uses stock ecus, so I would think to get that one.Just my 2 cents

wanted ek9
03-04-2010, 02:44 PM
Oowh.. that make sense. But Hondata is a standalone unit like AEM EMS isn't it? Hmm.. for the speedohealer, i already have an answer. I will need to get the Speedohealer V4 which is for a universal use. But the ECT module, still undecided. Thanks Drummerdude for the reply.

drummerdude
03-04-2010, 03:32 PM
The Hondata K-Pro is kinda of like a standalone, because it uses a stock ecu like a piggyback, but it controls everything with the ability to change alot of options and settings like a standalone. I would call either hondata or the company you are buying from, or both and ask them.

wanted ek9
02-28-2011, 11:52 AM
Guys, I'm confused. I want to get the Speedohealer V4 but mostly, it's for a bike. Well, I guess it was actually made for bike. So, if i want to do this conversion, which model of Speedohealer should i get? Is it all the same as long as it's V4? Need to confirm before getting one. Thanks.

wanted ek9
05-10-2012, 06:50 AM
anyone can tell me how to connect the speedohealer v4 on a k-swap EK? everything else runs good and quite accurate. :)

there are 4 wires from the speedohealer right? where should i connect it to?

EK20A2HATCH
05-31-2012, 05:29 AM
ive done it on an eg, and an ek.
i need to know what cluster you plan on swapping and what motor you have. if its a k then your speedo will work and need no speed healer.

But don't you think it will be off by a couple of mph? What about the temp gauge and gas meter

So-lo
06-04-2012, 01:02 PM
Easiest way to do it rite is to get a harness from wirewerks with the speedo healer and the temp fix they sale. Made it a super easy swap into my buddys integra